| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
Cordelia has a vision of a young child being attacked by a squid-like demon at the same time that Gunn is rescuing a young artist whose studio has been attacked by vampires. When Cordelia goes to investigate the mansion of her vision, she finds herself surrounded by baby products, portraits... and chased by a many-tentacled monster.
When Angel arrives on the scene, he's shocked to discover that he recognizes some of the subjects of the portraits. Distant memories of a night spent with storytellers Mary and Percy Shelley recall an artist Darla, his longtime paramour and partner in crime, once favored. But can that artist still be alive today?
An ancient evil is using a painting to keep its body alive and intact, and in the meantime is preying on a child. In the process of saving the child, Cordelia, Angel, Gunn, and Wesley are going to learn — the hard way — that looks aren't everything.
- The events take place after "Are You Now or Have You Ever Been" but before "Stranger to the Sun".
- Since Angel is aware of Darla's resurrection by Wolfram & Hart and Wesley is in charge of the team with Angel back onboard and the base of operations returned to the hotel, the story appears to take place after "Epiphany".
- Angel knows the Host's nickname as Lorne, suggesting a placement after "Belonging", but the absence of Fred seems to contradict this.
Organizations and titlesEdit
- Los Angeles
Behind the scenesEdit
- The cover features promotional pictures taken for Angel season 2.
- French: Copie Conforme (Certified Copy)