|The subject of this article is of alternate canonicity.
While created as part of licensed material, it is not part of the original Buffyverse, but its own developed story.
Hellmouth, Part Three is the third issue of the Hellmouth comic book miniseries. Written by Jordie Bellaire and Jeremy Lambert, and illustrated by Eleonora Carlini, it was originally published on December 11, 2019 by Boom! Studios.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
After the shocking reveal of last issue, Buffy and Angel must work with the last person you'd expect, in order to find a way to close the Hellmouth and keep whatever evil opened it in inside... if it's not already too late. Meanwhile, the longer Angel stays below, the less he can control Angelus, and Angelus's plans don't include keeping the Slayer alive.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Flashbacks include Xander being sired in Buffy the Vampire Slayer #4; the Siphon creating the Anima Colligationem from Willow and Buffy hugging Robin in Buffy #6; Brewster possessed and Fred as a mental patient in Angel #2, as well as Gunn and Fred meeting each other in Angel #6.
- Drusilla reveals to Buffy that Angel watched Xander being sired, which happened in Buffy #4.
- Drusilla tells Buffy that Angel didn't say he was her friend, a throwback to what his original counterpart told Buffy when they first met, in "Welcome to the Hellmouth".
- Buffy recalls what Drusilla told her in their first encounter, that the Hellmouth is "a fine place to die" (Welcome Back to the Hellmouth, Part Three).
- Buffy discovers that Angel is a vampire, a secret he kept from her since their first encounter in Buffy the Vampire Slayer #8.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Brewster (Only in flashbacks)
- Winifred Burkle (Only in flashbacks)
- Jennifer Calendar (Only in visions)
- Eric (Only in visions)
- Rupert Giles (Only in visions)
- Charles Gunn (Only in flashbacks)
- Alexander Harris (Only in visions and flashbacks)
- Rose Martinez (Only in a picture)
- Willow Rosenberg (Only in visions and flashbacks)
- Siphon (Only in flashbacks)
- Spike (Only in flashbacks)
- Buffy Summers
- Joyce Summers (Only in visions)
- Ulfreth (Only mentioned)
- Robin Wood (Only in flashbacks)
Organizations and titles[edit | edit source]
Species[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Los Angeles (Only in flashbacks)
- Angel's residence (Only in flashbacks)
Weapons and objects[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
- Jakub Rebelka's variant cover connects with his own for issues Buffy the Vampire Slayer #10 and Angel #7.
Distribution[edit | edit source]
- Hellmouth, Part Three was the 170th best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 10,523 sales in December 2019 at comic specialty stores.