| The subject of this article is of alternate canonicity.|
While created as part of licensed material, it is not part of the original Buffyverse, but its own developed story.
Hellmouth, Part Five is the fourth issue of the Hellmouth comic book miniseries. Written by Jordie Bellaire and Jeremy Lambert, and illustrated by Eleonora Carlini and Marco Renna, it was originally published on February 12, 2020 by Boom! Studios.
THE EVENT OF THE YEAR ENDS HERE!
Angel and Buffy finally confront the enemy in the heart of the Hellmouth, but the journey has already taken its tolls. Beaten in body and spirit, they might not have enough power between them to save the world. With more allies than they know, Buffy and Angel will make their final stand… and not everyone will make it out alive.
- The Scoobies arrive to assist Buffy after they teamed up in issue #12. Willow also tells Buffy and Giles about the loss of Xander, as they were absent from the battle.
- Buffy recognizes Anyanka, having went to her magic shop in "Frenemies".
- The events of this story take place in November, as it's after a Halloween party (Hellmouth, Part One), days have passed in the surface (issues #8–12), and Giles affirms that "it's not even December."
- In the alternative dimension, Willow meets Buffy and Xander in similar circumstances and dialog from Welcome Back to the Hellmouth, Part One.
- Cordelia Chase
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris (Only mentioned)
- Alexander Harris (alternative dimension)
- Rose Martinez
- Willow Rosenberg
- Willow Rosenberg (alternative dimension)
- Buffy Summers
- Buffy Summers (alternative dimension)
- Robin Wood (Only mentioned)
- Kendra Young
Organizations and titles
Weapons and objects
Behind the scenes
- Vanesa R. Del Rey's variant cover connects with her own for issues Buffy the Vampire Slayer #12 and Angel + Spike #9.
- Hellmouth, Part Five was the 175th best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 9,999 sales in February 2020 at comic specialty stores.