|This article is about the prologue short story. For other uses, see Haunted.|
|The canonicity of this article's subject remains dubious. Though it doesn't contradict official continuity, it has not been referenced in any confirmed canonical material.|
"Haunted" is a short story prologue of the Haunted comic book miniseries. Written by Jane Espenson and illustrated by Cliff Richards, it was originally published on September to November 2001 by Dark Horse Comics.
Back-to-school can be a drag, but not if you have a little Faith — as in Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Faith! The bitch is back and we’ve got her here first in an exclusive strip leading up to the Faith miniseries!
While in jail, Faith is visited by Angel. She begins to remember what happened during her coma, and tells everything to him.
- The story takes place while Faith is in jail ("Sanctuary" to "Salvage").
- Faith mentions the time she was in a coma ("Graduation Day, Part One" to "This Year's Girl").
- Faith describes what the spirit of Richard Wilkins did while she was in a coma (Haunted, Part One to Haunted, Part Four).
Organizations and titlesEdit
- Stake (Only in flashbacks)
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Haunted" was originally published in three parts, for Dark Horse Extra issues 39, 40, and 41.
- Announced under the title "Faith" and as for a "Faith" miniseries, this story marks the character's debut in comics.
- Like Rogues Gallery, Haunted is one of the few Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic stories to not be collected in the Omnibus nor the Classic collections.
- The story was digitally available for reading at Dark Horse Comics website. The story was taken away after the Buffy licensing moved to Boom! Studios.