Girl Blue, Part Two is the second issue of Giles: Girl Blue comic book miniseries. It was written by Erika Alexander and Joss Whedon, and illustrated by Jon Lam. It was originally published on March 28, 2018 by Dark Horse Comics.
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Continuity
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Behind the scenes
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Quotes
- 7 References
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
High school life is a rough go for Rupert Giles — as if being a grown man living inside a teenage body wasn't hard enough. Crushing on each other, Giles and his mysterious new friend, Roux, navigate around the bullies in the hallways while they investigate the school-wide threat and missing staff and students — which they are certain is connected to some kind of demon…
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The demon reveals he had been defeated by Giles when he still had his adult appearance, as before his death in Last Gleaming, Part Four.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Lloyd Addison
- Crowe (Only mentioned)
- Rupert Giles
- Willow Rosenberg (Only mentioned)
- Truman (Only in visions)
- Wong (Only mentioned)
Organizations and titles[edit | edit source]
Species[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Kokomo, Jamaica (Only mentioned)
- Los Angeles, USA
- Sunnydale, USA (Only mentioned)
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Distribution[edit | edit source]
- Girl Blue, Part Two was the 199th best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 8,023 sales in March 2018 at comic specialty stores.
Collections[edit | edit source]
Pop culture references[edit | edit source]
- Roux refers to Giles as Sherlock Holmes.
- Addy compares Giles to Benjamin Button, from the short story The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
- Addy mentions Hennessy cognac.
- Giles mentions the Oscar awards.
- The demon mentions Atlas, DARPA's humanoid robot.
- The demon mentions the websites eBay and Twitter.
- Giles quotes the song "Who Let the Dogs Out?".
Goofs, bloopers & continuity errors[edit | edit source]
- Lloyd Addison refers to bottles of Hennessy cognac as "Hennessey".
Music[edit | edit source]
A "mixtape" is provided throughout the story:
- Devin Townsend — "March of the Poozers"
- Sarah Vaughn — "Black Coffee"
- Ibeyi feat. Mala Rodriguez — "Me Voy"
- John Barry — "Midnight Cowboy"
- Nas feat. Chrisette Michelle — "Can't Forget About You"
- Judy Garland — "Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart"
- Bing Crosby — "Stardust"
- Led Zeppelin — "Black Dog"
- Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes — "Be for Real"
- Duke Ellington & Louis Armstrong — "Mood Indigo"
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Cover artwork[edit | edit source]
Preview[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
|Giles: "You rose from the dead to make a tool that make people dumber? How droll. Why not just watch the news?"|