The crossover event of the season: Big meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer!
- Xander refers to himself as a child of "suboptimal parents," as briefly explored in "Hell's Bells".
- Xander says the last he heard of Hank Summers, he was in Spain, as stated in "Family".
- Giles assumes his adult body for the first time since his death in Last Gleaming, Part Four.
- Olivia recalls Glenlivet whisky as Giles's favorite, as he drank in "The Yoko Factor".
- Olivia goes to San Francisco for work and stays at the Hotel Luxe, as established in Love Dares You, Part One.
- Willow goes to her final job interview with Theo Daniels, which began in Day Off (or Harmony in My Head).
- Giles' aunts Sophronia and Lavinia Fairweather debuts on Buffy the Vampire Slayer title, originally from Angel & Faith.
- Hank appears himself for the first time since "When She Was Bad". He was last seen in "Normal Again" as part of Buffy's hallucinations.
- When informed of her father's wedding, Buffy asks how ugly will the bridesmaids dresses be, referencing the events of "Hell's Bells".
- Hank states he does not want Buffy in his wedding for "safety reasons" and she agrees by recollecting the deaths of Tara ("Seeing Red"), Anya ("Chosen"), Jenny ("Passion"), and Giles.
- Dawn recollects Hank's absence after Joyce's death ("The Body") and when she was turned into a giant (as first seen in The Long Way Home, Part One).
- Giles attacks a demon with a guitar saying "some skills you never lose," as he slayed vampires with a guitar in his youth (Death and Consequences, Part Four).
- Buffy Summers
- Xander Harris
- Willow Rosenberg
- Dawn Summers
- Rupert Giles
- Hank Summers
- Olivia Williams
- Sophronia Fairweather
- Lavinia Fairweather
- Spike (Only mentioned)
- Theo Daniels (Only mentioned)
- The Mistress (Only mentioned)
- The Sculptor (Only mentioned)
- The Soul Glutton (Only mentioned)
- Francesca (Only mentioned)
- Paige Summers (Only mentioned)
- Joyce Summers (Only mentioned)
- Tara Maclay (Only mentioned)
- Anya Jenkins (Only mentioned)
- Janna of the Kalderash (Only mentioned)
Organization and TitlesEdit
- San Francisco, USA
Weapons and ObjectsEdit
- Aging spell
- Restless Door (Only mentioned)
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The title Freaky Giles Day is a reference to Freaky Friday .
- This issue main cover homages artist Norman Rockwell's in artistic style.
- This issue variant cover is a homage to Jack Kirby's cover of The Incredible Hulk #1 (1962).
- To determine Giles's favorite alcoholic drink, Christos Gage asked fans on Twitter, then based on his choice of Glenlivet single malt scotch from "The Yoko Factor" episode.
- This is the only issue of Buffy Season 10 that doesn't feature Spike, although he is mentioned.
Pop Culture ReferencesEdit
- The issue's official synopsis compares Giles' story with the movie Big.
- Xander mentions game app Candy Crush and dating app Tinder.
- Xander refers to Hank as "Mary Shelley's Hankenstein" in reference to Mary Shelley's novel Frankenstein.
- Olivia and Giles drink Glenlivet whisky.
- Willow mentions Wall Street.
- Xander wears his Hellboy's B.P.R.D. patch.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.