| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
When sophomore year ended with Buffy’s defeat — just barely — of the Master, she headed off to spend the summer with her father in L.A. The theme was R&R, parties, and an occasional shopping spree. But things that go bump in the night don’t take vacation. So Buffy’s trying desperately to keep a lid on things in L.A. — and to keep her secret identity from her father.
- The events of this story takes place in the summer break of 1997, between Buffy the Vampire Slayer seasons one and two.
- The demon mage and the Anointed One discuss Buffy’s prophesied death and following resurrection, while she suffers from the memory of the event as well ("Prophecy Girl").
- Angel mentions The Bronze as the place he had killed Darla ("Angel").
- Buffy has a vision of Giles’ death, who would die with a broken neck in Last Gleaming, Part Four.
- Buffy has a vision of the moment Angel was sired by Darla ("Becoming, Part One").
- Buffy has a vision of Joyce’ death as an old woman in a hospital; she would die four years later in her couch ("The Body").
- Buffy recalls burning the gym of Hemery High School to slay the vampires trapped in it (The Origin, Part Three).
- A vision of the Master tells Buffy she’ll be dead “again. And again.” She indeed will die twice more ("The Gift", "Villains").
- Buffy changes her hair, as Xander will comment in "When She Was Bad".
- Hank tells Buffy she used to fear being submerged in water as a child; in "Bad Girls", she’ll declare: “I hate it when they drown me.”
- Buffy has a vision in which she wears the jacket Angel has given her ("Teacher's Pet").
- Buffy recalls Giles’ words to Angel about her prophesied death, as well as her response to them ("Prophecy Girl").
- The demon mage knows about the possibility of performing a revivification ritual on the Master, as it’ll be attempted in "When She Was Bad".
- In their return to Sunnydale, Hank will comment that Buffy had been distant during her stay in Los Angeles ("When She Was Bad").
- Darla (Only mentioned)
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris (Only mentioned)
- Laurie (Only mentioned)
- The Master (Only in visions)
- Buffy Summers
- Hank Summers
- Joyce Summers
- Amber Theirsen
- Mr. Theirsen (Only mentioned)
- Mrs. Theirsen (Only mentioned)
- Jeff Thompson (Only mentioned)
- Wendy (Only mentioned)
- She-Mantis (Only mentioned)
Organizations and titles
- Halloween (Only mentioned)
- Los Angeles
Weapons and objects
- Amber Theirsen, staked by Buffy Summers.