Desperate Times is the fourth issue of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eleven comic series. It was written by Christos Gage and illustrated by Georges Jeanty. Joss Whedon is the executive producer.
Now living in the Safe Zone, Buffy, Willow, and Spike are making do while sharing space with so many other magical folk. Unfortunately, with natural enemies living together and low blood rations for the vampires, time will tell how safe things will remain in the “Safe” Zone…
- Buffy allows Spike to drink from her in this issue, making him Buffy's second vampire love interest to drink her blood — after Angel ("Graduation Day, Part Two") —, and the fourth vampire to bite her — after Dracula ("Buffy vs. Dracula") and the Master ("Prophecy Girl").
- Willow comments she knew Buffy was bitten once again, from the moment she saw the scarf, the same thing Buffy used to cover Dracula's marks.
- Buffy takes the role of “trustee” at the Safe Zone, and recollects that her aptitude test in high school actually indicated she should work in the enforcement law ("What's My Line, Part Two").
- It is revealed in this issue that Willow and Calliope Strachan are romantically interested in each other.
- Linda Martin (Only mentioned)
- Willow Rosenberg
- Calliope Strachan
- Buffy Summers
- Dawn Summers
Organization and titles
Weapons and objects
- An unidentified cyclops, killed by Spike.
Behind the scenes
- The variant cover features a "deleted scene" from the issue, written by Christos Gage and illustrated by Georges Jeanty.
- Longtime Buffy artist Georges Jeanty returns to the title in this issue. He penciled the vast majority of seasons Eight and Nine.
Goofs, bloopers & continuity errors
- This issue was erroneously printed with the same title as its previous issue, A House Divided.
- In the first scene, a book in the background has the name "Sarah Way" in the cover. The same book appears in the last scene with the name "Sarah Kay".