| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
THE SINCEREST FORM
In his two-plus centuries on Earth, Angel's seen his share of imitators: kindly, misguided people intrigued by the exotic business of being a P.I.; not-so-kindly misguided people drawn to the lure of the undead unlife. But so far he's not encountered a clone — a true double.
Enter Angel, the Second. And Fred 2.0. And Wesley Redux... A steady parade of perfect doubles arrives at Angel Investigations, but they're not looking for help. They want the original humans (and vampire) dead. And if Angel, Lorne, and their friends can't band together to figure out where the clones are coming from, a murder spree that starts in their lobby might spread to the entire city. But how do you defeat someone who knows your every thought, your every battle plan, your darkest fear? How can Angel defeat himself?
- The events took place between episodes "The House Always Wins" and "Slouching Toward Bethlehem". Cordelia has no memory of who she is, Fred and Gunn are still a couple, and Connor and Wesley are still somewhat unwelcome at the Hyperion.
- At one point, a Sinner attempts to copy Cordelia, but the attempt proves unsuccessful, most likely due to Cordelia currently being possessed by Jasmine — albeit in a state of amnesia — and hence her soul was not actually dominant at the time.
- Winifred Burkle
- Cordelia Chase
- Krevlornswath of the Deathwok Clan
- Charles Gunn
- Wesley Wyndam-Pryce
Organizations and titlesEdit
- Los Angeles
Behind the scenesEdit
- In some editions this novel is wrongly credited by author Doranna Durgin.
- The cover features a promotional picture taken for episode "Dad".