In August 2018, it was announced that 20th Century Fox was taking the license back, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer would have its last publication at Dark Horse, twenty years after the title's debut in comics.
Some notable references to the publishing’s titles in the Buffyverse comics are:
- Cameos of Hellboy's title character in Spike and Dru: The Queen of Hearts, City of Despair, The Blood of Carthage, Part Three, Past Lives, Part Two, Desperate Measures.
- Xander wearing a B.P.R.D. patch (The Core, Part One–Old Demons, Part Three), the logo also as a tattoo in Harmonic Divergence.
- The insertion of the Alien’s Xenomorph into the canon lore in story In Space No One Can Hear You Slay.
- Various covers included in the comic shop of story No Need to Fear, the Slayer's Here.
Below is a non-exhaustive sample of Buffyverse titles published by Dark Horse Comics:
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic
- "Creatures of Habit"
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Nine
- Angel & Faith
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Ten
- Angel & Faith Season Ten
- "Buffy: The High School Years"
- "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Adult Coloring Book"
- "Big Bads & Monsters Adult Coloring Book"
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eleven
- Angel Season Eleven
- "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Twelve"
- ↑ Kiel Phegley, “INTERVIEW: Joss Whedon Teases Buffy’s Surprising End & Dr. Horrible’s Return”. Comic Book Resources, August 15, 2018. Retrieved September 15, 2018.