|This article is about the comic short story. For the novel, see Cursed.|
| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
Buffy and Angel are fighting vampires at a cemetery. After a vampire recognizes him, Angel reminisces with Buffy about when he was sired by Darla. He tells her when he first awoke as a vampire and killed an old friend Liam McHugh, who had been searching for him since his disappearance. Angel describes his pleasure in bringing death and terror in his path alongside Darla. Buffy notes that, despite his guilt and horrifying memories, he wasn't the same from before the soul. Angel, though, explains that his curse is more than guilt: these memories were about his pleasure.
- In 1753, Angel was referred to as “Angelus” by his friend, an alias he used only after he became a vampire ("The Prodigal").
Organizations and titles
Weapons and objects
- An unidentified vampire, staked by Buffy Summers.
- Dorian, impaled by Angel with a cross.
- Liam McHugh, drained by Angel (in flashback).
Behind the scenes
- Cursed was originally published in comic anthology Dark Horse Presents #141.
- This story a prologue to Angel: The Hollower miniseries.
- Published in black and white, it was then colored by Guy Major when it was first collected.
|Angel - “Buffy, you still don’t get it, do you? There's more to the curse than the guilt. All those things I did… While it was happening, it was sheer pleasure, every minute of it. Much as it sickens me… they’re good memories.”|
- ↑ “Issues #23 - #28 Issue #25: Hello Moon/Cursed/Dead Love”. Dark Horse Comics. Retrieved September 24, 2018.