|This article is about the comic story. For the novel, see Cursed.|
|The subject of this article is non-canonical.
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
"Cursed" is a short story of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series. Written by Christopher Golden and illustrated by Hector Gomez, it was originally published on March 17, 1999 by Dark Horse Comics.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Buffy and Angel are fighting vampires at a cemetery. After a vampire recognizes him, Angel reminisces with Buffy about when he was sired by Darla. He tells her when he first awoke as a vampire and killed an old friend Liam McHugh, who had been searching for him since his disappearance. Angel describes his pleasure in bringing death and terror in his path alongside Darla. Buffy notes that, despite his guilt and horrifying memories, he wasn't the same from before the soul. Angel, though, explains that his curse is more than guilt: these memories were about his pleasure.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- This story is established as taking place during Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 3.
- This story a prologue to Angel: The Hollower miniseries.
- In 1753, Angel was referred to as "Angelus" by his friend, an alias he used only after he became a vampire ("The Prodigal").
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
Organizations and titles[edit | edit source]
Species[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Sunnydale, USA
- Galway, Ireland (Only in flashbacks)
Objects[edit | edit source]
Death count[edit | edit source]
- An unidentified vampire, staked by Buffy Summers.
- Dorian, impaled by Angel with a cross.
- Liam McHugh, drained by Angel (in flashback).
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
- "Cursed" was originally published in comic anthology Dark Horse Presents #141.
- Published in black and white, it was then colored by Guy Major when it was first collected.
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Dark Horse Presents #141
- Bad Blood
- Omnibus, Volume 4
- Classic 25: Hello Moon / Cursed / Dead Love
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Legacy Edition, Book 1
Quotes[edit | edit source]
|Angel: "Buffy, you still don’t get it, do you? There's more to the curse than the guilt. All those things I did… While it was happening, it was sheer pleasure, every minute of it. Much as it sickens me… they’re good memories."|
References[edit | edit source]
- "Issues #23 - #28 Issue #25: Hello Moon/Cursed/Dead Love". Dark Horse Comics. Retrieved on September 24, 2018.