| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
Creatures of Habit is a Buffy the Vampire Slayer novel. It was written by Tom Fassbender and Jim Pascoe, and illustrated by Brian Horton and Paul Lee. It was originally published on May 8, 2002 by Dark Horse Comics.
You’re invited to the sickest party in Sunnydale. DJs will be mixing up some body-moving grooves, smart drinks will be available at the bar, and we’ll be giving up a virgin sacrifice for the blood goddess. An old friend of Spike is in town, and he’s getting every teenager in Sunnydale to trip the light fantastic at some very special, underground raves. He has a plan that could mean big things for vampires everywhere, and Spike agrees to help him out. Everyone who is anyone is rolling at these after-hour parties, including a whole posse of vampires. Buffy and the Scooby gang are going out and getting down to put an end to what’s become a euphoric feeding frenzy for some of the baddest baddies in town.
- Buffy is dealing with being recently resurrected, which happened in "Bargaining, Part One".
- Willow and Tara have disagreements concerning Willow’s abuse of magic, which becomes the cause of their break up in "Tabula Rasa".
- Giles is considering leaving to England, as he eventually does in "Tabula Rasa".
- Anya and Xander discuss their wedding planning, which will happen in "Hell's Bells".
- In Withdrawal, Velatti eventually returns to avenge the events from this novel.
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris
- Anya Jenkins
- Parnassus Jones
- Tara Maclay
- Willow Rosenberg
- Buffy Summers
- Dawn Summers
- Tyler Williams
Organizations and titles
Weapons and objects
- The Book of Tears
- Essence of Execration
Behind the scenes
- According to editor Scott Allie, "while the novel license for Buffy remained with Pocket Books, there was room in our license to do illustrated prose."