- “People called them the Cordettes. A bunch of girls from wealthy families. They ruled the high school. Decided what was in, who was popular. It was like the Soviet secret police if they cared a lot about shoes.”
Cordettes was the name used to refer to the clique that Cordelia Chase led while in high school. It was formed by the wealthiest and most popular girls in Sunnydale High, determining who and what was popular.
History[edit | edit source]
When Buffy Summers arrived on Sunnydale, Cordelia tested her with a series of questions in order to allow her into the group. Buffy attempted to speak as well with Willow Rosenberg, Alexander Harris, and Jesse McNally, who along Jonathan Levinson were the main scapegoats of the Cordettes. Buffy was ejected from the group in the same day after she mistakenly wielded a stake against Cordelia at the Bronze.
Even though the group was originally led by Cordelia, she abandoned them when she began publicly dating Xander. During this time, they were led by Harmony Kendall, who rejected Cordelia when she attempted to rejoin the group, though certain Cordettes had remained friendly with Cordelia. The contact apparently ceased after graduation, when Harmony was sired and Cordelia moved out to Los Angeles.
Known members[edit | edit source]
- Cordelia Chase (original leader)
- Harmony Kendall (final leader)
- Gwen Ditchik
- Katherine Wexford
- Unidentified Cordette (The Harvest)
- Unidentified Cordette (The Wish)
- Buffy Summers (ejected)
- Anya Emerson (temporary)