|The subject of this article is non-canonical.
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
City of Despair is a crossover comic story between Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series. Written by Tom Fassbender and Jim Pascoe, and illustrated by Cliff Richards, it was originally published by Dark Horse Comics on November 29, 2000.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Joyce asks Buffy if she's dating, only meeting Buffy's boyfriend in episode "Restless".
- Angel mentions Buffy's new boyfriend, as she revealed her relationship to him in "Sanctuary".
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Cordelia Chase
- Riley Finn
- Rupert Giles
- Xander Harris
- Anya Jenkins
- Willow Rosenberg
- Buffy Summers
- Joyce Summers
- Wesley Wyndam-Pryce
Organizations and titles[edit | edit source]
Species[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Death count[edit | edit source]
- Unidentified demon, killed by Kor.
- Unidentified demon, killed by Angel.
- Unidentified demon, killed by Buffy.
- Kor, killed by an unidentified demon.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
- The story was first published as a special offer in Wizard: The Comics Magazine issue #110.
- Dark Horse licensed characters Predator and Hellboy make cameo appearances as gladiators.
Pop culture references[edit | edit source]
- Angels calls a demon Goliath in reference to the biblical figure.
- Buffy mentions the WWF Superstars of Wrestling professional wrestling television show (1986–2001).
- Buffy mentions fictional character Obi-Wan Kenobi.
International titles[edit | edit source]
- Italian: La Città della Disperazione (The City of Despair)