|This article is about the original graphic novel. For the collection, see Chosen Ones (TPB).|
| The subject of this article is of alternate canonicity.|
While created as part of licensed material, it is not part of the original Buffyverse, but its own developed story.
Buffy Summers is the "Chosen One" who must defend Sunnydale from vampires, demons and those regular monsters called high schoolers… but she wasn't the first. Now, through three all-new stories in this landmark one-shot, see the first full appearances of the Slayers made famous on special variants covers of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Writer Mairghread Scott (Batgirl) and artist Ornella Savarese reveal the hidden origins of the Sunnydale Hellmouth in a story about a young Indigenous American woman at the turn of the 19th Century who finds out she is the Chosen One and makes a decision that changes the course of Slayer history forever! Celia Lowenthal (Over The Garden Wall: Hollow Town) tells the story of the young 14th century Italian Slayer from her Buffy the Vampire Slayer #2 variant cover. And, from Alexa Sharpe (Rolled and Told), we discover the origins of the Slayer from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer #6 variant cover, in a story set in Napoleonic France.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Helen Yoon's cover introduces an unidentified Slayer, active in Marusthali, India in the 16th century.
- Alison Sampson's cover is an exclusive variant for NICE Comic Convention 2019.
- Chosen Ones is the first Slayer-themed anthology published by Boom! Studios, followed by Every Generation. Similarly, Dark Horse Comics had also published the Tales of the Slayers graphic novel.
- Chosen Ones was the 133rd best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 14,859 sales in August 2019 at comic specialty stores.
- ↑ "BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER: THE CHOSEN ONES #1 First Look". Boom! Studios, July 26, 2019.
- ↑ "Top 500 Comics--August 2019". ICv2, September 16, 2019.