- “Chloe loved Winnie the Pooh.”
Chloe (last name unknown) was a North-American Potential Slayer.
When the First Evil declared war on the Slayer line and sent its minions, the Harbingers of Death, to hunt down every Potential Slayer in the world, Chloe was sent to Sunnydale to be protected and trained by Buffy Summers. She was part of the second wave of arrivals, arriving after Kennedy and Molly and before Eve, who was murdered before she could reach the Summers residence.
However, the stress of her life being threatened at such a young age, as well as the pressure of training, was breaking Chloe down. The night after being called a "maggot" by Kennedy, the First appeared to her and they had a long talk, after which Chloe hanged herself in the bathroom. When everyone found her, the First appeared as her. Her suicide was a major factor in Buffy's choice to take drastic action, culminating in her meeting with the Shadow Men who created the First Slayer.
Behind the Scenes
- She was portrayed by Lalaine Vargas.
- Chloe inexplicably does not appear in the episode "Potential"; her absence is also completely unexplained, as she is not mentioned in any way by any character. It is possible that she had left town with Giles, who was also absent from the episode collecting Chao-Ahn, but there is no evidence to confirm or disprove this. She does reappear in the episode "Get It Done".
- Chloe was a big fan of Winnie the Pooh.
- Chloe was buried beside Annabelle.
- The original plan for the character Faith was for her to hang herself midway through the third season of the show. However, the character proved to be more popular than anticipated, and the idea was discarded. Chloe's death is likely a re-working of this idea.
- Chloe and Eve were the only two potentials to be impersonated by the First.