Hi! I'm a new user here, having used this Wiki for some time now but only now have found reason to register, as I stumbled over quite a few places that need maintanence, almost all of them in the comics section, which is why I state my question here: Is it okay to clean up a bit? I'm not talking about deleting stuff, rather about bringing things in order, correcting midguiding links, wrong dates, incomplete listings and stuff.
My main concern for now would be the canon and ambiguis canon comics that are set after the ending of Angel, i.e. the IDW-Series and following. The reason for this is that I startet to read them, and tried to figure out what comics there are following the television series and in what order I should read them. And to be frankly, that's not that easy, as many pages here are incomplete, contradicting or simply wrong in one way or the other, and I'd like to correct that over time. This includes both the individual pages as well as the categories, as they seem to be used quite arbitrarily as well. Should I simply start or rather first discuss certain changes before actually doing them?
Thanks for your feedback!
- Hi Wikiafrog, of course! You're more than welcome to help out. Check out my Sandbox for some guides for setting up pages. Basically, set 1 would be to make sure that all individual issues have their own page with full summary and full appearance listing. From that it is pretty easy to make the correct series and collection pages based by aggregating data from other pages. Also, Season Nine is a perfect example of how it should be set up. Good luck and thanks for all the help! --―Paul van Gent (talk 09:06, April 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the encouragement! I'll do my very best, but as I'm no student anymore, my available time unfortunatelly is limited, so it will take a while, but I guess that's normal. Thanks for the advice of making Season Nine my reference, it's always easier if you have a model to compare something with. WikiaFrogo (talk) 12:59, April 8, 2013 (UTC)
IDW Angel meta series
I noticed that, beginning with After the Fall, all IDW publications seem to belong to the same continuity (though only After the Fall itself is officially considered canon). I can't confirm that yet, as I haven't read all of them yet, but I'd like to create a meta-series based on that if it proofs correct. As I understand it by now, that would include the full run of Angel (IDW series), the graphic novels Spike: After the Fall, Only Human and Illyria: Haunted, the Spike mini-series and the Lorne one-shot. The After the Fall meta-series would then be a part of it (the canonical, in fact). However, what escapes me for now is a good name for it, but all I can think of that would fit is "IDW Angel meta-series". As I won't start on it before having read all aforementioned titles (which should be a matter of just a few weeks), I welcome you to offer better suggestions! WikiaFrogo (talk) 13:01, April 8, 2013 (UTC)
- I totally agree with you! "Angel Comics" is not a good meta-series, the titles have no internal continuity. My guess is something like this would be better:
- Angel: The Hollower was created before the spin-off started and is really just about Angel as a Buffy cast member; I think this is part of the "Classic Comics" meta-series.
- Angel (Dark Horse series) was the initial Angel comic, but it was heavily tied to the classic Buffy run, so maybe this should be part of "Classic Comics" meta-series as well?
- Long Night's Journey was a weird alternate take on the series and as such doesn't really fit in anywhere else. Should it be its own meta-series or is there a category of miscellaneous comics?
- Then there's IDW, everything before After the Fall is pretty random with few ties to what comes after. Except Spike: Shadow Puppets and Spike: Asylum, which in my opinion should be grouped with After the Fall conceptually.
- Finally, yes most post-After the Fall titles share a single continuity so it would make sense to group them together. But the historic comics such as Barbary Coast and Angel vs. Frankenstein again don't fit in here, nor do the episode remakes.