|This article is about the comic story. For the episode, see Carpe Noctem.|
Summary[edit | edit source]
After vampires are exposed to the public, Cyn becomes extremely frustrated with the rules laid down by Harmony Kendall, feeling she can't not be a real vampire anymore. Meanwhile, her roommate, Ash, loves the newfound attention she has been receiving. They go out clubbing and, after being approached by a man who is into vampires, Cyn takes him into an alley, where she drains him.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The story takes place during the vampire craze, set in Harmonic Divergence.
- In Retreat, Part One, Warren will mention the special made by Keith Olbermann on Slayers, as it briefly appears in this story.
- One of the channels airs Harmony’s interview by Stephen Colbert, from Harmony Comes to the Nation.
- Cyn mentions Harmony’s interview by Larry King, from Swell.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Stephen Colbert (Only on TV)
- Simon Cowell (Only on TV)
- Harmony Kendall (Only on TV)
- Larry King (Only mentioned)
- Keith Olbermann (Only on TV)
- Buffy Summers (Only mentioned)
- Alex Trebek (Only mentioned)
Species[edit | edit source]
Death count[edit | edit source]
- Unidentified man, drained by Cyn in an alley.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
- Carpe Noctem, Part One was originally published in the digital anthology MySpace/Dark Horse Presents #31.
- The story opens with a quote from the dystopian novel "Brave New World" (1931).