Schools[edit | edit source]
- Hemery High School — In the 1992 film, the location was provided by the John Marshall High School, at 400 Tracy Street in Los Angeles. In the series, the shots took place at the Courthouse Square, a backlot located at Universal Studios in Hollywood.
- Sunnydale High School — Exterior scenes were shot at Torrance High School, at 2200 W. Carson Street in Torrance, California. The swimming pool in "Go Fish" take place at the University of Southern California Physical Education Building. The football stadium in "Some Assembly Required" is at the West High School, in Torrence. The rebuilt school ("Lessons"–"Chosen") was filmed at the California State University in Northridge (CSUN).
- University of California, Sunnydale — Some of the exterior shots were filmed at the Royce Hall of the actual University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) campus in Westwood, Los Angeles. Several episodes include shots from the Oviatt Library at CSUN, as well as the CF Braun Business Park, at 1000 S. Fremont Street in Alhambra, California.
Residences[edit | edit source]
- 1630 Revello Drive — The house used for exterior shots is at 1313 Cota Avenue, three blocks north of Torrance High School.
- Rupert Giles's apartment — The establishing shots were from El Pueblo Apartments, at 4616 Greenwood Place in Los Angeles.
- Delta Zeta Kappa — The house is the Wattles Mansion, a historic house and park in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles.
- Crawford Street mansion — The shots were at the Ennis-Brown house, designed by the celebrated architect Frank Lloyd Wright. It stands on a hilltop at 2607 Glendower Avenue in Griffith Park.
- Alpha Delta — The real house takes place in Country Club Park neighborhood in Los Angeles.
- Alexander Harris' apartment — The exterior of the apartment building is located at 844 S. Plymont Boulevard, in Los Angeles.
- Glorificus' mansion — The exterior shots were filmed at Castle Green Apartments, at 99 Raymond Avenue in Pasadena.
- Rupert Giles's country house — The scenes in Westbury are from Anthony Stewart Head's house in Somerset, England.
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
While a makeshift cemetery was set up in the parking lot of the show's studios in Santa Monica, many cemetery scenes were filmed at the Angelus-Rosedale Cemetery, at 1831 W. Washington Boulevard.
Streets[edit | edit source]
- The Palmetto Street in Los Angeles is where the following scenes took place: Buffy finding the Dagon Sphere in "No Place Like Home," Buffybot with the Hellions in "Bargaining, Part Two," Willow and Dawn with Mandraz in "Wrecked," and Dawn searching for Willow with Clem in "Two to Go."
- The episode "Entropy" features the pedestrian mall shopping Third Street Promenade, in Santa Monica.
- In "Sleeper," the busy street in which Buffy follows Spike takes place in the Sony Pictures Studio.
Other locations[edit | edit source]
Other Buffy locations include, by order of appearance:
- Sunnydale Natural History Museum — The episodes "Inca Mummy Girl" and "Smashed" feature the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, at 900 Exposition Boulevard.
- Sunnydale Zoo — Both episodes "The Pack" and "Shadow" features the Santa Ana Zoo at Prentice Park, in Santa Ana, California.
- Sunnydale Memorial — The exterior shots are from the former Linda Vista Community Hospital, at 610-30 South St. Louis Street, in Los Angeles.
- Sunnydale Airport — The establishing shots are from the Long Beach Airport, in Long Beach.
- Sunnydale Ice Palace — The ice rink in "What's My Line? Part One" is Iceland, at 8041 Jackson Street, Paramount.
- Sunnydale Port — The filming in "Surprise" took place in San Pedro docks.
- Sunnydale Mall — The episode "Bad Eggs" features the Sherman Oaks Galleria shopping, while the episode "Innocence" features the Robinsons Department Store, both in Los Angeles.
- Sunnydale City Hall — The exterior shots are from the Iowa Courthouse Building, in Torrance.
- Kingman's Bluff — Both appearances were filmed at the Angels Gate Park, at 3601 Gaffey Street, in San Pedro.
- Church — The church in "The Prom" is the St. Timothy Catholic Church, at 10425 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles.
- Initiative facilities — The location ("The Initiative"–"Primeval") was provided by Skunk Works, a facility responsible for a number of aircraft designs, in Palmdale, California.
- Gilroy mission — The establishing shots are from the Mission San Juan Bautista, in San Juan Bautista. The interior shots in "Pangs" are in the Mission San Fernando Rey de España, at 15151 San Fernando Mission Blvd, Los Angeles.
- Church — The church in "Who Are You?" is the Church of the Angels, at 1100 Avenue 64 in Pasadena.
- Desert — The location in the episodes "Restless," "Intervention," and "Get It Done" is the Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park, at 10700 W. Escondido Canyon Road in Agua Dulce, California.
- Recreation center — The episodes "Shadow," "I Was Made to Love You," "All the Way," "Grave," and "Gone" feature the Stoner Recreation Center, at the intersection of Westgate Avenue and Mission Avenue in Los Angeles.
- Carousel — The Griffith Park carousel was visited in "Shadow."
- Sunnydale Station — The train in "Crush" is at the Fillmore and Western Railway, at 351 Santa Clara Street, Fillmore.
- Four Aces — The station in "Spiral" is the Four Acres Desert Film Location, near 145th Street and Avenue Q, east of Palmdale. Road scenes from "Villains" were also filmed there.
- Park — The park in "Once More, with Feeling" is the Kenneth Hahn State Recreation Area, 4100 South La Cienega Boulevard in Los Angeles.
- Continental Hair Design — The beauty salon in "Gone" is the real Continental Hair and Nail Design, at 1425 Marcelina Ave in Torrance, California.
- Doublemeat Palace — The exterior shots are from Sepulveda & Palms Boulevards, in Los Angeles.
- Dam — Scenes from the episode "As You Were" featured the Pacoima Dam, in the San Gabriel Mountains, Los Angeles County.
- Theme park — The location in "Seeing Red" is the Six Flags Magic Mountain, in Santa Clarita.
- Woods — Scenes from the episode "Two to Go" are from the Woodley Park, in Los Angeles.