| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
The fourth teenage girl in L.A. has disappeared in less than two months! But Buffy's oblivious. She's brainstorming a theme for the senior dance. One nightmare later, she meets a stranger named Merrick who tells her she bears the mark of the order: only she — the Pom-Pom Princess of California cheerleaders — can stop the vampires before they engulf L.A. They're everywhere… she can't even trust her best friends! Merrick has brought her knowledge, physical and mental powers beyond her wildest dreams, and a terrifying enemy: Lothos, King of the Vampires, who is determined to have Buffy for himself! All she has are a stake, a cross and a mission: destroy the evil — even if it takes her own life!
- Robert Berman
- Nicole Bobbittson
- Kimberly Hannah
- Benny Jacks
- Merrick Jamison-Smythe
- Jeffrey Kramer
- Gary Murray
- Buffy Summers
- Joyce Summers
- Hank Summers
- Jennifer Walkens
Behind the scenes
- Instead of the final movie itself, Cusick based this novelization on Whedon's original script for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer film.
- The cover features promotional pictures taken for the film.
- Dove Entertainment Inc. released the novel as an audiobook in July 1992, read by the film's main actress Kristy Swanson.
- Czech: Buffy, zabíječka upírů
- Portuguese (Portugal): Buffy, a Caçadora de Vampiros