| The subject of this article is of alternate canonicity.|
While created as part of licensed material, it is not part of the original Buffyverse, but its own developed story.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #9 is the ninth issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (2019) comic book series. Written by Jordie Bellaire and illustrated by David López, it was originally published by Boom! Studios on November 6, 2019.
The events of the historic Buffy and Angel event, HELLMOUTH, have left the town of Sunnydale without its Slayer. And since Buffy's missing in action, it’s up to the All-New Scooby Gang of Cordelia, Robin, Willow and Xander to save everyone in town. There's just one problem — the Hellmouth is spreading evil throughout the city, putting everyone under its thrall. As the inhabitants of Sunnydale turn on one another, will the Scooby Gang be enough to save the town from utter chaos and destruction?
- Rose reveals to Willow she has heard about the night the Scooby Gang was formed, in Welcome Back to the Hellmouth, Part Three.
- Giles disagrees with Xander that "no two journeys are the same," the exact advice he gave to Willow in issue #7.
- Giles and Jenny discuss the events in the exhibit opening that lead the Hellmouth's activation, in issue #8.
- Sandy Noxon, Robin's dancing partner in the Halloween party in issue #8, is now declared missing. In Hellmouth, Part One, she was used as a sacrifice to open the Hellmouth and her body left in the school's basement.
- Kendra arrives in Sunnydale in a taxi; in the TV series, her original counterpart traveled hidden in an airplane cargo hold ("What's My Line? Part One") and left in a taxi after Buffy convinced her she didn't need to travel undercover ("What's My Line? Part Two").
- Jennifer Calendar
- Camazotz (Only mentioned)
- Cordelia Chase
- Drusilla (Only mentioned)
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris
- Sandy Noxon (Only image)
- Willow Rosenberg
- Spike (Only in visions)
- Buffy Summers (Only image)
- Joyce Summers
- Robin Wood
- Kendra Young
- Cordelia Chase's dog
- Jennifer Calendar's cat
- Robin Wood's father (Only voice)
- Unidentified nerd
- Unidentified taxi driver
- Unidentified vampire
Organizations and titles
Weapons and objects
- Unidentified vampire, staked by Xander at the cemetery.
Behind the scenes
- Ryan Inzana's variant cover pays tribute to Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Band Candy".
- Goñi Montes's variant cover connect with his own for issues Angel #6 and Hellmouth, Part Two. It has Buffy posing as The Hanged Man tarot card.
Pop culture references
- In the subject of art history, Willow mentions sculptor Auguste Rodin and painter Pierre-Auguste Renoir.
- ↑ "HELLMOUTH is Coming to BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #9". Boom! Studios, July 9, 2019.