| The subject of this article is of alternate canonicity.|
While created as part of licensed material, it is not part of the original Buffyverse, but its own developed story.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #8 is the eight issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (2019) comic book series. Written by Jordie Bellaire and illustrated by David López, it was published by Boom! Studios on September 4, 2019.
While the Slayer and the rest of the Scooby Gang were fighting to save Xander's soul, the Mistress Drusilla and her lieutenant Spike were busy searching for a way to open the gates of the Hellmouth so they could flood Sunnydale, then eventually the world, with demons and hell on Earth. And they're close. Can Buffy stop them in time to save the world from utter destruction?
- This story is established as taking place on October 28, 2019.
- Angel encounters Buffy for the first time, identifying her from his visions in Angel #4.
- Giles recognizes the appearance and function of the Dagger of Sekhmet from Xander's description in Buffy the Vampire Slayer #6.
- The Seal of Danzalthar appears for the first time in this series, after its origins were revealed in The Mission.
- Buffy and Xander recognize the Hellmouth's fire in Sunnydale High School; she from her dream in Welcome Back to the Hellmouth, Part Two, he from his visions in issue #6.
- Jennifer Calendar
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris
- Willow Rosenberg
- Buffy Summers
- Joyce Summers
- Robin Wood
Organizations and titles
- Halloween (Only mentioned)
- Egypt (Only mentioned)
- United States
Weapons and objects
- Unidentified man, bitten by Drusilla.
Behind the scenes
- Marc Aspinall's cover features Buffy and Angel dressed as herself and Pike in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer film. The staked vampire was modeled after the character Edward in The Twilight Saga films.
- Becca Carey's variant cover pays tribute to Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Halloween".
- Kelly and Nichole Matthews's variant cover connects with their own for issues Angel #5 and Hellmouth, Part One.
- ↑ "It's the End of the World As We Know It in BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #8". Boom! Studios, June 17, 2019.
- ↑ Marc Aspinall, "I fashioned this guy after Edward from Twilight. And of course paid homage to Luke Perry with the 90s Buffy outfits :-)". Twitter, September 9, 2019.