| The subject of this article is of alternate canonicity.|
While created as part of licensed material, it is not part of the original Buffyverse, but its own developed story.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #7 is the seventh issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (2019) comic book series. Written by Jordie Bellaire and illustrated by David López and Sas Milledge, it was originally published on August 7, 2019 by Boom! Studios.
The Scoobies are in disarray, and after the huge sacrifices she made last issue, Willow is still grappling with the consequences of losing such a monumental piece of her life. Was the sacrifice worth it? Or does this spell the end for the Scooby Gang as Buffy's friends and family deal with the fallout from recent events and attempt to put the pieces of their lives back together?
- As Willow talks about her friends and life, she sees the first time she and Xander met Buffy and when the Slayer revealed the existence of the supernatural to them, in Welcome Back to the Hellmouth, Part One.
- Willow reflects on the time she told her mom "If he's home sick, then I want to be home sick" when she was eight, the same words she used ten years later when Xander had been sired, in issue #5. Xander will say the same when returning his soul to her in issue #12.
- Willow dreams about the dagger Drusilla was researching in issue #5, when Joyce organized the upcoming Egyptian exhibit at her gallery that contains the dagger.
- Drusilla (Only in visions)
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris
- Jessica Harris (Only mentioned)
- Siphon (Only mentioned)
- Sheila Rosenberg (Only mentioned)
- Willow Rosenberg
- Buffy Summers
Organizations and titles
- Egypt (Only mentioned)
- Sunnydale, USA
Weapons and objects
- Anima Colligationem (Only in flashbacks)
- Dagger of Sekhmet (Only in picture)
- Soul (Only mentioned)
Behind the scenes
- Sonia Liao's "Chosen One" variant cover introduces an unidentified Slayer, active in Japan in the 16th century.
- Becca Carey's variant cover pays homage to Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "The Body".
- The "Daily School Bulletin" subsection of the Sunnydale High Sentinel mentions Harmony Kendall.
- The back of the issue features a quote by Buffy Summers in episode "Checkpoint".
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer #7 was the 116th best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 18,387 sales in August 2019 at comic specialty stores.
- ↑ "Willow Deals with Sacrifice in BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #7". Boom! Studios, May 21, 2019.
- ↑ "Top 500 Comics--August 2019". ICv2, September 16, 2019.