|This article is about a recent or upcoming release and therefore might not yet be complete.|
| The subject of this article is of alternate canonicity.|
While created as part of licensed material, it is not part of the original Buffyverse, but its own developed story.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #5 is the fifth issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (2019) comic book series. Written by Jordie Bellaire and illustrated by David López, it will be published by Boom! Studios on June 5, 2019.
The reimagining of Joss Whedon’s groundbreaking hit series kicks off a brand new story arc as Team Slayer deals with the devastating consequences of Xander becoming a vampire. Buffy and the Scooby Gang have lost one of their own to Team Vamp… but what if there’s a way to get their friend back? The Slayer will walk the line between responsibility and rampage as she searches for anything that’ll bring back her friend, balancing her quest with her duties as the Slayer while trying not to lose anyone else in the process. What do you do when your entire purpose is killing vampires and your friend just turned into one?
Organizations and titles
Weapons and objects
- Two vampires, staked by Buffy Summers.
Behind the scenes
- Marc Aspinall's cover has Xander wearing a shirt of the Vampire Weekend band.
- Morgan Beem’s “Chosen One” variant cover introduces an unidentified Slayer, active in the Philippines in 1910.
- Becca Carey’s variant cover homages Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Doppelgangland".
- Kaiti Infante’s variant covers connect with her own for Angel #1.
- ↑ "Buffy Loses Control in BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #5 From BOOM! Studios". Boom! Studios, May 23, 2019. Retrieved May 23, 2019.