| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: A Picture Book is a picture book based on Buffy the Vampire Slayer television series. Written by Jason Rekulak and illustrated by Kim Smith, it was originally published on September 4, 2018 by Quirk Books.
What's that strange sound coming from inside the closet? Buffy, Xander, and Willow are determined to find out! The campy, cult-classic '90s TV show is now a charming picture book for fans who are still a little too young for slaying. Join little Buffy and her friends as they investigate the mysterious noise, consult Giles, the school librarian, and encounter all your favorite Buffyverse monsters. This sweet, silly, and not-so-scary book makes a perfect bedtime story, and is ideal for parents introducing the next generation to Buffy and fans looking to experience it in a whole new way. With eye-catching illustrations by Kim Smith, this newest addition to the POP Classics series is a must-have for the shelves of Buffy fans everywhere.
- Buffy tells a story which involves her already living in Sunnydale while in elementary school. In reality, she would only move to the town in high school, when she finally meets Willow, Xander, and Giles ("Welcome to the Hellmouth").
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris
- The Judge
- Daniel Osbourne
- Willow Rosenberg
- Buffy Summers
- Joyce Summers
- Shrouded Man
Organizations and titles
Weapons and objects
- Buffy Summers' cross necklace
- Mr. Gordo
- Mr. Pointy
- Olaf the Troll God's Enchanted Hammer
- Slayer Handbook
- Unidentified vampire, dusted by Buffy Summers.
Behind the scenes
- The book is part of the Pop Classic series, all illustrated by Kim Smith. The series also includes adaptations of Home Alone, The X-Files, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Back to the Future, and The Karate Kid.
- French: Buffy Contre les Vampires: L'Album Illustré (Buffy Against the Vampires: The Illustrated Book)