|This article's subject is part of the alternate timeline known as the Wishverse.|
For the original timeline equivalent, see Buffy Summers.
For other uses, see Buffy.
- Buffy: “World is what it is. We fight and we die. Wishing doesn't change that.”
- Giles: “I have to believe in a better world”
- Buffy: “Go ahead. I have to live in this one.”
- — on the belief of the main timeline[src]
- “You guys in Sunnydale talk like I'm the Second Coming.”
- ―Buffy Summers[src]
When Cordelia Chase wished to Anyanka that Buffy had never moved to Sunnydale, the vengeance demon transported her to a reality in which the absence of the Slayer had allowed the town to be dominated by vampires. Instead, Buffy had moved to the Hellmouth in Cleveland, and her experiences left her with a grim, tough, and nihilist personality. She shunned away friends and family, and not even her new Watcher had real influence over her actions.
Buffy was eventually summoned to Sunnydale, where Rupert Giles told her his theory that she was supposed to have come to Sunnydale in 1997, but that her destiny had been altered. Buffy dismissed Giles’ claims, but agreed to do battle with the town’s king vampire, the Master.
Buffy tracked him down to a factory, where she discovered the Master’s plans to mass produce human blood for vampire consumption. She engaged the Master in battle, but she was no match for the ancient vampire, who overpowered her and snapped her neck.
This Buffy was significantly different from her mainstream counterpart. She was a hardened, cynical warrior who cared for nothing but fighting, and was perfectly willing to kill. Buffy also appeared to be fatalistic, as seen in when she dismissed Giles’ theories of a better world.
Behind the Scenes
- She was portrayed by Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- Buffy’s death fulfilled the inevitable prophecy in the Pergamum Codex.
- Buffy wears similar clothes to those Kendra Young wore in "Becoming, Part One".
- She also has a scar very similar to Melaka Fray, though how she received it is unknown, as well as how it remained, given a Slayer’s accelerated healing ability.
- Buffy Summers
- Buffy Summers (underground decoy)
- Buffybot (I)
- Asylum Buffy
- Buffy Summers (Rome decoy)
- Buffybot (II)