- “And now we all live together, in our awesome new grown-up yet super-cheap apartments! It's like Friends! Love, hilarity, and fun in housing we shouldn't be able to afford!”
- ―Buffy Summers[src].
- “So either fix this one, and we got a deal... Or get out of my hair. And see if anyone else in this city will rent to a gang of weirdos like you.”
- ―Building's landlady (to the Scoobies)[src].
After the Scoobies returned from the assistance in Santa Rosita's zompire crisis, they faced dissatisfaction with their living conditions and rent prices. Buffy was getting inconvenient new roommates, Willow had been fired for excess of absence, and Dawn didn't want to continue living with Xander while they were on a break from their relationship.
Robert Dowling handled them a case of a haunted building, where in three decades 25 children disappeared, and its landlord would offer them a cheap rent for fixing this problem. It was inherited from her father and mostly immigrants lived there, and it was being gentrified, with "techies" and "trust-fund hippies," until the haunting started.
The building was actually infested by a Hamelin demon, a symbiotic creature who targeted children on the verge of losing their childhood, and instead offered the victim to live within its dimensions of illusions based on the individual child's dream. The demon traped the Scoobies, who were able to free themselves and the missing children by refusing the reality the demon created.
Notable objects Edit
Behind the Scenes Edit
- Buffy had a poster of Gustav Klimt's painting The Kiss (Lovers) in her bedroom wall.
- The walls on the living room changed from light orange in Season 10 to brown in Season 11, probably to match the more serious atmosphere of the season.
- Despite being marked as Buffy, Willow, and Dawn's apartment, the last scene in In Time of Crisis took place at Xander and Spike's.
Buffy Season 10 Edit
- I Wish, Part Two
- Day Off (or Harmony in My Head)
- Love Dares You, Part One
- Love Dares You, Part Two
- Love Dares You, Part Three
- Relationship Status: Complicated, Part Two
- Old Demons, Part One
- Old Demons, Part Two
- Old Demons, Part Three
- Freaky Giles Day
- In Pieces on the Ground, Part One
- In Pieces on the Ground, Part Two
- In Pieces on the Ground, Part Three
- In Pieces on the Ground, Part Four
- Own It, Part One
- Own It, Part Two
- Own It, Part Three
- Own It, Part Four
- Own It, Part Five