| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
Viva Las Buffy! Act 1: Broken Parts is the fifty-first issue of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series. Written by Scott Lobdell and Fabian Nicieza, and illustrated by Cliff Richards, it was originally published on November 27, 2002 by Dark Horse Comics.
It's 1996, and Buffy Summers has just accepted her role as the Vampire Slayer. After the destruction of her high school, she flees to Las Vegas to sort out her life. Meanwhile, Watcher Rupert Giles wonders why on Earth his Slayer hasn't arrived in Sunnydale. The comic takes you where the TV show never did, back to the roots of everything, in the summer before Buffy arrived in Sunnydale. And there's a tall, dark, and handsome stranger keeping an eye on her during those dangerous nights in Vegas. The saga of the Slayer begins again with a new direction for Dark Horse's monthly series!
- Willem Bryardale (Only mentioned)
- Rupert Giles
- Merrick Jamison-Smythe (Only mentioned)
- Buffy Summers
- Dawn Summers
- Hank Summers
- Joyce Summers
- Quentin Travers
Organizations and titlesEdit
- Demon bar
- Watchers Council headquarters
- United States
Weapons and objectsEdit
- Five vampires, killed by Buffy.
- Two vampires, killed by Pike.
Behind the scenesEdit
- About including Dawn, editor Scott Allie said: "One creative choice that I made here was to include Dawn. It met with some criticism from fans. Dawn wasn't really there during these events, but as the show had explored [...], Buffy would remember her having been there. I always liked Dawn as a character, and so Lobdell and I [...] decided to keep her".
- Broken Parts was the 129th best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 16,028 sales in November 2002 at comic specialty stores.