| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
THE KINDEST CUT
Chirayoju, an ancient Chinese vampire, and Sanno, a Japanese Mountain King, have been fighting for years. Their spirits were imprisoned in a sword by a curse. The sword arrives in Sunnydale and while viewing the Japanese exhibit at the museum Willow becomes possessed by the spirit of Chirayoju and Xander, later on, becomes possessed by the spirit of Sanno. Buffy must figure out a way to stop the two spirits without killing her own friends. During the final battle, when the fight takes an ugly turn, Buffy must also keep her own spirit alive.
- The story is set during Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 3.
- Buffy Summers
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris
- Cordelia Chase
- Willow Rosenberg
- Daniel Osbourne
- Sheila Rosenberg
- Kobe Sensui
Behind the scenesEdit
- Buffy briefly references sitting in front of a boy in bio nicknamed "the Octopus". This character is given the name Greg Rucka, in reference to the comic book author, who would write the story "A Good Run".
- Dutch: Het Bloedspoor (The Blood Trail)
- German: Das Blutschwert (The Blood Sword)
- French: La Piste des Guerriers (The Track of the Warriors)
- Portuguese (Brazil): Sangue (Blood)
- Portuguese (Portugal): Duelo Sangrento (Bloody Duel)
- Indonesian: Berdarah (Bloody)