|Although this article is based on canonical information, the actual name of this subject is conjectural.|
- “Blessed by the knight who first slew the demon. If all else fails, this might stop it. I think.”
- ―Kendra Young[src]
The sword eventually made its way into the hands of Watchers Council in 1998. Zabuto handed it to his slayer Kendra Young, who, in turn, gave it to Buffy Summers, hoping it would be capable of slaying Acathla once again in case the demon was awakened.
After Kendra's death, Buffy took it from the crime scene (the police having not found it) and took it with her during her raid on the Crawford Street Mansion, where Angelus planned on awakening Acathla by removing another mystical sword from the demon's body that kept it dormant. Angelus managed to do so leading to big sword fight between him and Buffy, climaxing until Acathla opened the portal to a hell dimension and Angelus' re-ensoulment.
Behind the scenes
- The screen used sword is of the classic Spanish type called "El Cid" and the handle size is "One Handed".
- The screen used "Blessed" Sword was constructed by Tony Swatton and for years was available to rent until Swatton sold the rights to the sword to Factory X and the original "disappeared" from Tony's Shop. Factory X went on to produce what they called "duplicates" of the screen used Blessed Sword that looked nothing like the original.
- "Becoming, Part One"
- "Becoming, Part Two"
- "Faith, Hope & Trick" (Only mentioned)
- "The Girl in Question" (Only mentioned)
- The Lost Slayer