Asylum, Part Five is the fifth and final issue of the "Spike: Asylum" comic book miniseries. Written by Brian Lynch and illustrated by Franco Urru, it was originally published on February 7, 2007 by IDW Publishing.
The inmates are running the asylum, and only one thing stands between them and freedom: a smart-ass vampire with a soul. "Spike: Asylum" ends with a bang — numerous bangs, in fact. And stabbings. And stakings. Fists will fly and heads will most definitely roll! Spike's latest adventure concludes, courtesy of screenwriter Brian Lynch and artist Franco Urru!
- Spike mentions Betta George's death, mystically killed by the Saje in Asylum, Part Four. Although, the demon appears alive during the fall of Los Angeles, in After the Fall, Part One.
- Angel (Only mentioned)
- Malposo Angra Mazda Ormazd Yazatas Mainyu
- Brandon Thilbault
- Mah Zinn (Only mentioned)
Organizations and titles
- Las Vegas (Only mentioned)
Weapons and objects
Rituals and spells
- Enoisivelet elled enoizispopesel
- Unknown numbers of demons and vampires, killed by each other.
Behind the scenes
- Asylum, Part Five was the 187th best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 6,753 sales in February 2007 at comic specialty stores.
Pop culture references
- Spike calls Wiseau "Rapunzel" in reference to the main character of the fairy tale.
- Dr. Ray calls Carol "Encyclopedia Brown" in reference to the detective book series.
- Spike calls Lorne "Kermit" in reference to the green character.
- Beck suggests Spike to create an account on Myspace social media.