- “I suddenly find myself needing to know the plural of apocalypse.”
- ―Riley Finn[src]
An Apocalypse is defined as specific occurrence which has an exceptionally destructive effect on the human race. The final outcomes of doomsday events may range from a major disruption of human civilization, to the extinction of human life, to the destruction of the planet Earth, to the annihilation of the entire universe. The Buffyverse has featured several evants that almost caused an apocalypse.
- Possible use of nuclear missiles by Moloch | "I Robot, You Jane"
- World being sucked into Hell by Acathla | "Becoming, Part Two"
- Opening of Hellmouth | "The Zeppo"
- Destruction of all human life by The Scourge | "Hero"
- Opening of Hellmouth | "Doomed"
- Freezing of time by Gene Rainey | "Happy Anniversary"
- Opening of Dimentional Portals by Glory | "The Gift"
- World being sucked into Hell by Willow | "Grave"
- Release of the Turok-Hans by The First | "Chosen"