| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
Angels We Have Seen on High is a short story from Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series. Written by Fabian Nicieza with Scott Lobdell, and illustrated by Jeff Matsuda, Hakjoon Kahn, and Nolan Obena; it was originally published in November 2002 by Dark Horse Comics.
Responsibility sucks. And sometimes, there's no avoiding it. You are what you are. You do what you do. For newly minted fifteen-year-old Buffy Summers, that means being the Slayer — a protector against the demons that shadow mankind. Or on this night, a fate worse than that… a Friday night stuck dragging her little sister around the Santa Monica pier!
- Dawn mentions Buffy has been down since she burned the school gym down (The Origin, Part Three), ran off with Pike (Broken Parts), and was committed to an asylum (Slayer, Interrupted, Part One).
- Angel watches over Buffy from afar, which he's been doing since he first saw her in "Becoming, Part One" and will continue by A Stake to the Heart, Part Three. She first meets him in "Welcome to the Hellmouth".
Organizations and titlesEdit
- Los Angeles County
- Santa Monica Pier
Weapons and objectsEdit
- Unidentified vampire, staked by Buffy Summers.
- Unidentified vampire guard, staked by Angel.
Behind the scenesEdit
- This story originally appeared in the anthology magazine Reveal! issue #1.
- The title refers to the Christmas carol "Angels We Have Heard on High" (1862).
- The story takes place in the Pacific Park amusement park located in Santa Monica, California.
- Jeff Matsuda included a cameo of characters Uncle and Jade, which he designed for the cartoon show Jackie Chan Adventures. He appears as himself in the "the end" panel, along with background artists Hakjoon Kahn and Nolan Obena.