| The subject of this article is of alternate canonicity.|
While created as part of licensed material, it is not part of the original Buffyverse, but its own developed story.
After teetering between Sunnydale and Los Angeles, Angel now knows exactly what his mission is — to make sure the Hellmouth stays sealed! He'll stop anyone who gets in his way, be it friend or foe, vampire… or Slayer.
- The vampire identifies himself as Luka, to be revealed as Okasa in Angel #6.
- The issue ends with Angel's perspective of the Hellmouth being activated in Buffy the Vampire Slayer #8.
- Winifred Burkle
- Charles Gunn
- Okasa (Only in flashbacks)
- Charles Gunn's cousin (Only in flashbacks)
Weapons and objects
- Unidentified boy, bitten by Okasa (in flashback).
- Unidentified vampire, staked by Gunn.
- Three vampires, staked by Angel.
Behind the scenes
- Scott Buoncristiano's cover features the demon Gnarl.
- Kelly and Nichole Matthews's variant cover connect with their own for issues Buffy the Vampire Slayer #8 and Hellmouth, Part One.
- The user teetov_ refers to the real Instagram account of this issue's colorist Roman Titov.
- Angel #5 was the 176th best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 12,248 sales in September 2019 at comic specialty stores.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.