| The subject of this article is of alternate canonicity.|
While created as part of licensed material, it is not part of the original Buffyverse, but its own developed story.
As Gunn, Fred, Lorne and Lilith fight back against the evil that's infected their city, they can’t do without the help of their vampire leader… Spike! As TEAM SPIKE faces down the new threat of legal firm Wolfram & Hart, there’s one question on everyone's minds: What happened to Angel?
In the aftermath of Hellmouth, the new normal looks like a RING OF FIRE, unfolding in issues of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the new Angel & Spike ongoing series, beginning with ANGEL & SPIKE #9. Read closely, because each issue will have clues leading to an unprecedented revelation that will leave every Buffyverse fan stunned!
- Angel returns from Sunnydale after the events of Hellmouth, Part Five, having left Los Angeles in Angel #5.
Organizations and titles
- Los Angeles
- 2370 Alameda
- Angel's residence
- Wilton-Gibbs Hospital
Behind the scenes
- Scott Buoncristiano's cover features the monster Ovu Mobani.
- Vanesa R. Del Rey's variant cover connects with her own for issues Buffy the Vampire Slayer #12 and Hellmouth, Part Five.
- Angel + Spike #9 was the 204th best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 8,308 sales in February 2020 at comic specialty stores.
- ↑ "The Buffyverse is Caught in The RING OF FIRE After the Events of Hellmouth". Boom! Studios, November 20, 2019.
- ↑ "Top 500 Comics--February 2020". ICv2, March 16, 2020.