|This article is about the sister of Charles Gunn. For other uses, see Gunn.|
- “We were on the right track - just on the wrong team. All that rage and hatred we got? We get to keep all that, only on this side there is no guilt, no grief - just the hunt and the kill - and the fun!”
- ―Alonna Gunn[src]
Biography[edit | edit source]
- “Do I look dead to you? I am stronger, faster and better than ever. Wanna see?”
Since an early age, Alonna had been fighting vampires in Los Angeles with her brother Charles and his crew of vampire hunters, although she felt that Gunn was too liberal in his use of violence without really thinking through the consequences of his attacks, to the extent that he risked getting himself killed. Unlike her brother, she demonstrated an open mind and a certain compassion, being the first member of the crew to recognize that Angel meant them no harm and was actually willing to help them after he used his hand to intercept an arrow that had been accidentally triggered when she fell against a tripwire. During a daylight raid on the crew's home that day- the vampires using smoke grenades to force the crew outside, covering their bodies with coats and masks to protect them from the sunlight-, she was kidnapped, possibly raped, and sired by Knox, the leader of a vampire pack. Afterward, she tried to convince her brother to let her turn him, but only succeeded in getting dusted herself after she vamped out, convincing Gunn that his sister was no longer the person before him. She was avenged by Angel who staked Knox minutes later.
This event deeply traumatized Gunn, who continued to have recurring nightmares about the event for over a year.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Human[edit | edit source]
As a human, Alonna was compassionate, willing to do what was necessary to help keep the streets safe from vampires but recognizing that situations were not always black and white, allowing her to accept the idea that Angel was not a danger to them simply because he was a vampire.
Vampire[edit | edit source]
As a Vampire, Alonna relished her new power and enjoyed being a soulless demon. However, unlike most vampires, Alonna retained some of her humanity — such as her love for her brother — and fondly remembered how he once saved her from falling. Typically, vampires are known to kill their own families, but Alonna showed that she was different in that she desired to "save" her brother by siring him.
Behind the Scenes[edit | edit source]
- She was portrayed by Michele Kelly.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "War Zone"
- "First Impressions" (Footage from "War Zone" only)
- "The Shroud of Rahmon" (Only mentioned)
- "That Old Gang of Mine" (Footage from "War Zone" only)
- "Inside Out" (Only mentioned)
- "Angel Yearbook" (not canonical. "Dust to dust" short story)