|The subject of this article is non-canonical.
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse continuity.
A Stake to the Heart, Act Two: Guilt is the sixty-first issue of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series. It was written by Fabian Nicieza and illustrated by Cliff Richards, with painted pages by Brian Horton.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Buffy Summers's life is in shambles. She's been kicked out of school, recently released from a mental institution, and, to top it all off her parents' crumbling marriage is finally over. Now her would-be protector, the vampire Angel, has unwittingly unleashed a string of demons upon her, in an incredibly misguided attempt to alleviate her grief.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- This story includes the false memories around Dawn Summers, before she was created in "Buffy vs. Dracula".
- Buffy, Dawn, and Joyce Summers are yet to move to Sunnydale, making this story previous to the series' debut episode "Welcome to the Hellmouth."
- Dawn mentions telling her parents about Buffy's diary, causing her sister to be admitted in an asylum, as seen in "Slayer, Interrupted."
- Buffy recalls getting kicked out of school ("The Origin") and running away to Las Vegas ("Viva las Buffy!").
- Dawn temporally ceases to exists, as she's only to be created in "Buffy vs. Dracula."
- Giles has in his apartment's wall the Life Time calendar he would mention in "Welcome to the Hellmouth."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Buffy Summers
- Cordelia Chase
- Dawn Summers
- Hank Summers
- Harmony Kendall
- Jesse McNally
- Joyce Summers
- Lilah Morgan
- Malignancy Demon of Guilt
- Robert Flutie
- Rupert Giles
- Willow Rosenberg (Only mentioned)
- Xander Harris (Only mentioned)
Species[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Los Angeles, USA
- Sunnydale, USA
Weapons and Objects[edit | edit source]
Death Count[edit | edit source]
- Unidentified man, drained by an unidentified female vampire.
- Unidentified male vampire, staked by Buffy.
Behind the Scenes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The photo cover has two promotional photo shoots for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 1.
- This story is part of the third book of the Buffy: Year One trilogy, the last stories of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic, about Buffy Summers as a Slayer before her arrival in Sunnydale.
- Editor Scott Allie declared about this title: "we entered into [the final part of the Year One storyline] knowing it was going to be the end of the monthly series. The TV show was ending, we'd just done a series in a mental institution ["Slayer, Interrupted"], and we all felt we were doing the best work the monthly had seen. Our disappointment with having the book end was reflected in the extremely dark storyline."
Collections[edit | edit source]
Pop Culture References[edit | edit source]
- Joyce and Hank Summers discuss the ownership of The Clash records.
- Buffy's bedroom has a poster with Miss Piggy.