| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
A Stake to the Heart, Act Two: Guilt is the sixty-first issue of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series. It was written by Fabian Nicieza and illustrated by Cliff Richards, with painted pages by Brian Horton.
Buffy Summers's life is in shambles. She's been kicked out of school, recently released from a mental institution, and, to top it all off her parents' crumbling marriage is finally over. Now her would-be protector, the vampire Angel, has unwittingly unleashed a string of demons upon her, in an incredibly misguided attempt to alleviate her grief.
- This story includes the false memories around Dawn Summers, before she was created in "Buffy vs. Dracula".
- Buffy, Dawn, and Joyce Summers are yet to move to Sunnydale, making this story previous to the series' debut episode "Welcome to the Hellmouth."
- Dawn mentions telling her parents about Buffy's diary, causing her sister to be admitted in an asylum, as seen in "Slayer, Interrupted."
- Buffy recalls getting kicked out of school ("The Origin") and running away to Las Vegas ("Viva las Buffy!").
- Dawn temporally ceases to exists, as she's only to be created in "Buffy vs. Dracula."
- Giles has in his apartment's wall the Life Time calendar he would mention in "Welcome to the Hellmouth."
- Buffy Summers
- Cordelia Chase
- Dawn Summers
- Hank Summers
- Harmony Kendall
- Jesse McNally
- Joyce Summers
- Lilah Morgan
- Malignancy Demon of Guilt
- Robert Flutie
- Rupert Giles
- Willow Rosenberg (Only mentioned)
- Xander Harris (Only mentioned)
- Los Angeles, USA
- Sunnydale, USA
Weapons and Objects
- Unidentified man, drained by an unidentified female vampire.
- Unidentified male vampire, staked by Buffy.
Behind the Scenes
- The photo cover has two promotional photo shoots for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 1.
- This story is part of the third book of the Buffy: Year One trilogy, the last stories of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic, about Buffy Summers as a Slayer before her arrival in Sunnydale.
- Editor Scott Allie declared about this title: "we entered into [the final part of the Year One storyline] knowing it was going to be the end of the monthly series. The TV show was ending, we'd just done a series in a mental institution ["Slayer, Interrupted"], and we all felt we were doing the best work the monthly had seen. Our disappointment with having the book end was reflected in the extremely dark storyline."
Pop Culture References
- Joyce and Hank Summers discuss the ownership of The Clash records.
- Buffy's bedroom has a poster with Miss Piggy.